Welcome: A3 Advisory Council!
When Phil, Franklyn, and I launched the A3 Foundation at the Sundance Film Festival a few weeks back, we said our goal was to invest in people. One of the most important factors to cultivating talent is this idea of mentorship, of guiding those that are up and coming. We believe in order to be successful in media, an organization has to provide more than just funding, but build a community where Asian American artists help support each other in the ongoing life cycle of break in artists to more established artists.
Today, we’re excited to announce the first piece of our community in the form of an Advisory Council for the A3 Foundation. Our advisors have been indispensable to helping shape our vision since our journey began almost a year ago.
In the startup world, where we’re from, advisors are experts who lend their wisdom and networks to refine the ongoing vision for the organization, keep you in check with the latest and greatest in the industry, and provide additional opportunities. Our advisors are established Asian American luminaries who are doing amazing things in their own right from Hollywood, to the digital world, to the government & nonprofit realm.
Please extend a warm welcome to our seven advisors:
- Harry Shum, Jr. (Actor, Glee)
- Jon M. Chu (Director, G.I. Joe Retaliation, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Step Up series)
- Konrad Ng (Director, Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center)
- Bing Chen (Global Creator Development & Management Lead, YouTube)
- Hieu Ho (Producer, LXD and President, DS2DIO)
- Sheree Chang (International Business Development, Hulu)
- Mynette Louie (Producer, Children of Invention, California Solo)
We’re excited to work more closely with such talented individuals in our ongoing mission to support emerging Asian American artists in the media.
You can learn more about our advisors and team at http://a3-foundation.org/about-us .
A3 Foundation, Co-Founder